Get all of funDiva's Musings - Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

How to BE HAPPY like funDiva


For a funDiva like myself, BE HAPPY = SUCCESS

1) Listen to guided meditation, hypnosis, relaxation, clearing audio.

Every nite, I listen to something positive as I am going to sleep. I have a variety of programs, and usually switch them every couple of weeks or however I am inspired that nite.

I make some myself, like this:
Rainbow Abundance Relaxation

a few others I love:
Silva Mind Method - I listened to the long relax excercise nightly to go to sleep for more than 10 years, still my cornerstone relax.
http://www.silvaShop.com

Sleep Your Way to the Top - Wendi Friesen & Bruce Musik
Wendi's Site: http://wendi.com
Bruce's Site: http://designer-life.com

Instant Change - Pat O'Bryan
http://InstantChange.com

I Love You Audio - Joe Vitale
I Love You Audio

2) Get my funny fix.
In my type-A multi-tasking efficiency way, I watch fun stuff while I eat. I choose to watch SpongeBob (11 minutes) or Simpsons (22 minutes) or 20-30 minutes of a movie.

To completely avoid news and negativity, I start the VCR or DVD before turning on the TV, then I don't accidentally get exposed to something I don't want to see. Just in case, my tuner is set to channel 99 which for me is a blue screen. (I would choose to dump the cable entirely if Mike would allow it and now that Hockey is over! Applies to me only: Avalanche=Hockey)

3) Being happy and grateful for my meals.

While I prepare my food, I thank my veggies for sacrificing their life and allowing me to help them fulfill their life's mission to nourish me.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Secret_Life_of_Plants

As a long time vegetarian, I had trouble eating veggies after learing of this info, but I gotta eat, so this is how I made my peace with it! Too bad I can't just filter feed like SpongeBob.

4) Eliminate Info Overload

Reading and learning is essential, however I wanted and easier and faster way. So I asked the Universe, How can I learn without feeling overwhelmed? My answer is so easy - STOP getting so many books!

I use wikipedia, amazon, google for reviews, etc to get the gist of a book WITHOUT having to take the time and expense to actually buy and read them. Helps to eliminate book clutter of the thousands of books I already own and only half-read.

If I find myself referring back to info about a book a few times, THEN and only then will I justify getting it! AND I check the library first, including InterLibrary Loan.

Books now have to prove to me that they are worth my time. Free ebooks are getting dumped after scanning too.

Harsh AND anti-what I have seen on everyone else's lists, but huge relief and freedom for me. Novels and entertainment books are little different, and I still always have a few books in the car in case I am running errands and get stuck waiting for something.

I have also recently adopted the mantra "Learn by doing"

I have had this quote taped to my computer screen for years, but didn't get it until recently.

"Until you do what you believe in, you don't know whether you believe it or not." Leo Tolstoy


this post inspired by:
http://www.todayisthatday.com/blog/simply-successful-secrets/trackback/

and brought to my attention by
http://mrfire.blogspot.com/2007/04/top-ten-things-i-do-every-day-to-be.html


:)

Labels: , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At Friday, April 20, 2007 1:37:00 AM, Blogger Becky said...

Woot! It worked. What an awesome fabulous idea. I posted my top 9- Hey I gotta be different :p To see what I wrote go see my CustomerCare blog and enjoy!

 
At Friday, May 11, 2007 3:04:00 PM, Blogger Aaron said...

Christy,

Isn't it amazing how intensely funny SpongeBob is?? They should prescribe that show as an alternative treatment for depression... :)

Thanks for taking part in the Simply Successful Secrets project, and sorry that it took me so long to swing by to check out your list.

I'm wrapping up the project now and I will be putting together the final master list of all of the secrets that were shared by the participants, and then posting that on my blog on May 16th. Be sure to swing by and check it out.

Thanks again for playing along, Christy! :)

- Aaron
http://www.todayisthatday.com/blog/

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Acceptance Mark